St. John’s Episcopal Church, Zion Parish, is over 200 years old and was established in 1811 by the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland. Throughout its history the Parish faced both destruction due to natural disasters and revitalizations. The building that stands today at 11040 Baltimore Avenue, Beltsville, MD was erected in 1857. The church has a diverse membership from all around the world, of every age, ethnicity, and culture, who worship as one, to the glory of God every Sunday with services at 8 am and 10 am. St. John’s is very active in providing outreach in the local area. The church acts as a site for the SHARE Food Program, the Safe Haven Winter Shelter and the Prayer Shawl Knitting Circle. Members of the church also arrange Thanksgiving dinner packages, Christmas gifts, and Back to School Backpacks for children, adults, and families in need. St. John’s also provides Sunday School and Christian Education opportunities for both children and adults to study Christian faith and discipleship.
We will serve our community as we feed the hungry, nurture the homeless, and welcome all God’s children to grow in Christ.
Who We Are
St. John’s Episcopal Church, Zion Parish, is over 200 years old and was established in 1811 by the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland
The Rev. Joseph M. Constant has accepted the position of Rector at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Beltsville, Maryland.
The Vestry (Trustees) of St. John’s is formed by parishioners who are elected by the parish membership on a three-year cycle.