We will serve our community as we feed the hungry, nurture the homeless, and welcome all God’s children to grow in Christ. We will make a strong impact in Beltsville and our surrounding area as a resource for the community and as an agent of change.
St. John’s Episcopal Church was established in 1811 by the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland with services first held in Old Paint Branch Chapel in Calverton, MD. Over its long history, the church has experienced much damage from natural disasters.
We are an Episcopal Church and so also part of our larger Anglican Communion made up of Anglican churches in countries worldwide. Our worship is rooted in the worship and practices of the early Church as well as the Spirit of renewal that shaped our tradition.